Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

DIY Clay Bowls

This is a project I have been wanting to try for a while now.  I had the supplies already, so it was just a matter of actually sitting down and trying it.

Here's what you will need:
Clay (I got mine from Wholeport
Lace
small oven-proof bowl

For the colored clay bowl, I mixed blue and pink together and rolled it out.  I then placed the lace over the clay and pressed it into the clay to make the impression (which shows up much more in person than in photos).  I carefully cut around the lace any excess clay.  Then I laid it over a small pyrex bowl and put it into the oven at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
I put this cute little bowl in my daughters room for hair clips etc.
The other bowl I made using white clay.
For some reason the lace seemed to show up much better on the white clay.
Again I cut around the lace using a sharp knife.
I again laid it over the pyrex bowl, but this time made a more square shape out of the clay.  I filled this bowl with dried roses and added it to my living room.


Hope you will give these super easy bowls a try.

-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

2 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very cute Judy!! I love the dried rose buds in the white one...so pretty!

Rhonda said...

So pretty! I love these types of projects that don't take long, but look like they do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...