Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY Tissue Box Cover

Sometimes I just get in a creative mood and get on a roll of making things.  That's what happened last week.  I wanted to use my embroidery sewing machine, so I came up a project to do using it.  
I had some left over drop cloth in my stash.  I particularly like this drop cloth because it has good body and keeps it's form.  Even though it looks like linen, it's a little more substantial than linen.
Before cutting any of the fabric pieces, I embroidered the word Tissue onto my fabric.  
I cut four equal pieces of fabric 5" x 7" and sewed all four sides - right sides together.
I then cut a piece to fit the top, folded it in half and cut a curve in the middle.
I used more brown embroidery thread to sew around the hole I created in the fabric and sewed all four sides together.
It was that easy.  
If you don't have an embroidery machine, you can still create a tissue box cover in any fabric to coordinate with your decor.
Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy

Pin It


4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nicely done, Judy! I haven't used the embroidery function on my machine yet {I know, I'm terrible!}, but I'm planning on taking a nasty weather day and going through it all with the manual.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How cute is that. I love it. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Cute idea, Judy. Love the embroidery on it! xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great job Judy...I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...