Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Decorate with Flowers - Guest Post The Pin Junkie


Hello, I'm Bonnie from The Pin Junkie and I'm completely and happily addicted to Pinterest.  I blog about all the recipes, crafts, and DIY projects I do that are inspired by Pinterest. 


I'm so happy to be guest posting for Judy today and I'd like to share some simple and inexpensive ways to decorate with fresh flowers.  You don't need to spend a lot of money at a florist.  You just need a good selection of flowers and some imagination.


I like to get my flowers at Trader Joe's.  They have a great selection at cheapo prices.  I made all of these arrangements with only three bouquets of flowers which cost less than $20.00!  I also like to use a variety of objects, not just vases, to hold the flowers.

How about using a tea pot?


Milk bottles in a vintage milk crate are another unique way to display flowers.

 
Sometimes I don't mind using a vase when I can find a really pretty or unusual one.  I love shopping at thrift stores and I couldn't pass up this pretty little vase for 99 cents!


I love how elegant just one really pretty flower looks in it.

 
How about mixing tulips and daisies? 

 
Even items that you don't think will work, might still make a good arrangement.  I really like this ceramic berry basket, but it's very wide, shallow, and won't hold water.  It doesn't seem like it would work well for arranging flowers does it?


I found a great way to fix that!  I used a clear glass bowl that fit inside the berry basket.  Then, I used tape to make a grid pattern across the top of the bowl.  The grid pattern will hold the flowers in place. 




Since the bowl is small and shallow, I cut the stems of the flowers short.  (Arranging them OCD style is optional!)


Poke the flower stems through the holes in the grid you made with the tape.


Keep adding more flowers until you have a nice full arrangement.

I hope this gives you some ideas for using inexpensive supermarket flowers to create a really beautiful flower arrangement. 


Thank you so much Bonnie!!
So many great ideas and inspiration.

-Judy

4 comments:

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Such great ideas! I LOVE TJ's flowers too...I'm a sucker for their orchids. :)

Debbiedoos said...

One of the simplest and prettiest things we can add to a room. I get my flowers at Aldi's now, they are very reasonable if you have one near you.

Dylan & Berry said...

I love this so much because DIY projects are super fun to do :)

xoxo -B ♡
http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

Christine at Little Brags said...

great inspirations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...