Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Finding Dinner in Blogland

From time to time I find myself at a complete loss as to what to make for dinner.  That's when I turn to my friends with food blogs to find inspiration.  Last night was one of those nights.  
I went to one of my favorite food blogs, The Food Yenta, and found one of the best mac and cheese recipes ever.  My son is not a big mac and cheese fan, but this one has bacon in it, and even he loved it.

It was also simple to make with ingredients I already had at home.  I did substitute the shape of the pasta, since I didn't have any elbow macaroni in the house, but it didn't really change the end result.

I have actually tried many of The Food Yenta's recipes and they have all been great.  Hope you will check out her blog next time you're at a loss for what to make for dinner.

How about you...which food blogs do you turn to for great recipes?

Have a great weekend.

-Judy

7 comments:

Gina said...

Looks great, Judy. The addition of the bacon must put the whole thing over the top good!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

I like to pin recipes so when I need inspiration I just look to my Pinterest cooking board. I also use my beloved 30 Minute Meals cookbook or MS Everyday Food magazine. I will now go check out the Yenta blog.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

At The Picket Fence said...

What a great idea Judy! I have never been to that site but I am going to check it out! :-)
Vanessa

Stephanie @ Henry Happened said...

I love using food blogs for inspiration! You get all these cool tricks and specifics that you would otherwise never access.

Susan Anderson said...

I'm about as fascinating a cook as I am a crafter, so to be honest, I don't frequent cooking blogs.

But I have to admit that mac and cheese looks spectacular!

=)

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi Judy!
That looks amazing! (who wouldn't like something with bacon in it?!)
Thanks for your comment on my little hallways signs..I just LOVE them! (it didn't hurt they only cost me 3 bucks either! lol)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Missy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good Judy! Heading over there now to ck out the recipe. Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...