Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Living Room Tour

Next stop on Roomspiration is living rooms.  Here is a tour of my living room:


Roomspiration continues tomorrow with Living Rooms over at

View Along the Way

I thought I would do my living room post today, since tonight into tomorrow is my
 Sizzle into Summer party.
I recently updated my living room with these embroidered pillows.  The gold ones I made with fabric from Calico Corners and the floral ones are from Pottery Barn.  I couldn't resist their perfect colors. 
Then I made these pillows that reverse to...
My favorite part of the room is:
I love that chair.  I bought it at an Ethan Allen sale a few years ago for a steal.  It has the buffalo plaid on the outside and the toile pattern on the seat area.  The books I covered using scrapbook paper and adhesive ribbon.  
This tea set was my Grandmother's.  I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but it is more than fifty years old for sure.  The colors are perfect for the room and it sits on a tray my parents bought us a few years back for our anniversary.  
This vignette behind my love-seat has books dating back to the late 1800's with a crystal bowl with dried flowers in it.  The dried flowers are special because a few years ago my husband surprised me in Vegas by asking me to marry him again and then wisked me away in a limo to our vow renewal ceremony.  The dried flowers are from the bouquet of flowers I held in the ceremony.  The lamp and the table are one of the first things my husband and I bought when we were first married.  The lampshade was recently replaced with a shade from Restoration Hardware.  The original shade cracked after drying out over the years.  The flowers are the ones I just moved from the entryway. Here is their new location.
Here is a view of the whole room.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to get your living room posts ready to link up to Roomspiration tomorrow.  
See you tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST.  Can't wait to see you then.

-Judy



10 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Such a charming space!

Debbiedoos said...

So pretty Judy! I do not recall seeing your living room before. I love the ottomon!

Calypso In The Country said...

Gorgeous room! I am obsessed with your Ethan Allen chair!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Oh, your living room is gorgeous! I could spend many an hour in there - blogging of course! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anna said...

Very pretty! I love the rich colors.

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

melomelo said...

love love LOVE the pillows!

Becca Bertotti said...

Beautiful living room! I love the chair from Ethan Allen ... the charming tea set from your grandmother and your pillows are all fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

How beautiful and elegant your living room looks,Judy! Love the pops of color in the pillows and the wall color is so perfect for this room... works so wonderfully with your furniture. I love that Frenchy chair in toile fabric.... and the crystal bowl with dried flowers.. looks so endearing and elegant...such a romantic way to celebrate in Vegas! Thanks for sharing these inspiring pictures with us~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Kelly @ View along the way said...

What an elegant room! I love the wall color, and I'm DYING over that amazing tea set! Thanks for linking up! :)

Modern Country Lady said...

What a lovely room- I LOVE the colours.. and the rug and ottoman are gorgeous......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...