Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Home Tour

First I would like to thank everyone who has become a follower of my blog.  I hit 100 followers yesterday.  I really appreciate all of the support.  It's been amazing getting to know so many new people.  I look forward to even more of you following me.

I've been showing you bits and pieces of our home decorated for Christmas.  Here is my official Christmas home tour.

Our tree is in our Great Room for all to see.  You can see it from the time you enter our front door.  Over 1000 white lights cover the tree.

Ornaments collected through the years adorn the tree.  Each one has it's own special meaning.

The angel watches over and protects.  The paper mache mouse is over thirty years old.  You can see more of my tree here.

Bows I have made from wired ribbon and floral wire are spread throughout my home.  You can learn how to make these bows here.

My favorite little Santa Claus.  My son reminded me that we bought this Santa last year on Christmas Eve at the Christmas Tree shop.  We were out buying last minute plates and napkins and saw him.  He was on clearance as it was Christmas Eve.  I love his colors.


My mantle is decorated with garland, flowers and more bows.  It is also strung with white lights.  The sugared topiaries on either end of the mantle are the perfect finishing touch.  You can see more of my mantle here.

  My kids created these little houses out of kits from Michaels.  The little people nativity set was brought by Santa years ago when my kids were very little.  They still love the idea of having their own nativity set.  It's nice to have one for your kids that they can play with.

This is my nativity set...the ones the kids can't play with.  My husband gave this to me when we were first married.

Of course let's not forget the train that runs around the tree.
Our staircase greets guests with Christmas spirit as soon as they enter.  See how you can see our tree in the Great Room from the front entry.


We have been collecting these snowmen from Hallmark for the past five or so years.  So fun.  Each one plays it's own song.

With only eleven days until Christmas, are you ready?  I'm getting closer...but I'm not there yet.  Let me know what you think.  I always love and appreciate your comments.  Thanks.

-Judy

Come check out Follow Me Back Tuesday
click here

Come check out these parties as well
The Nester
No Minimalist Here

Cottage and Vine

24 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

11 days, I need to get my butt off this computer! Judy your home looks so pretty. I love your collections of snowmen, those are my favorite!

Jo Frances said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! I'm a new follower from FMBT. Come visit my blog at:

http://www.over40style.com

Thanks!

Traci said...

Everything is so pretty! I'm ready for Christmas but I kinda had to be. We leave for Disney Thurs. & won't be back until the 23rd!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful home you have!!! Thanks for stopping by and following me! I am now following back! :)

Andrea said...

How beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! I'm following you back! Have a great week!

Andrea
http://365daysoflifebehindthelens.blogspot.com/

Traci said...

Thanks for following me Judy. I've been one of your followers for a couple of weeks now!

René said...

Your garland is magical! Staircases can be so pretty during the holidays. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers :)

-Rene

Show Me Mama said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing :) I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Unknown said...

G'eve Judy ~ Your entry is very welcoming & beautifully decorated. I hope you will pop by & catch up with our shares of late ...

Christmas hugs & joys ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Vanessa said...

Hi Judy! So fun to take the official tour! Everything looks just beautiful and I think if I can get through this week I'll be ready! :-)
Vanessa

Songberries said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and following me! I'm following you now.
Songberries

Lindsey said...

Wow! Your Christmas decorations are beautiful!

I'm following you back!

Eliz Frank said...

Stopping by/commenting back from your visit to my blog - Positive Kismet...Thank you!
I'm now a follower of your blog.
Have a Happy Holiday Season!
Best,
Elizabeth

Emma's Lunch said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I 'm following you back now :)

MadeInCanarias said...

So beautiful decoration! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your follower now too! :)

Sonny G said...

Love all your holiday decor Judy..
thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us..

Happy holidays
Sonny

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Congrats on your 100 followers! Looks like you're on a roll now. All of your Christmas decor is really pretty. Love the staircase. dreamy!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Very inspiring -beautiful home. :)

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Just gorgeous! Love all your festive touches! Congrats on 100 followers! I just had 200 and am having a giveaway that ends tonight if you would like to enter! Merry Christmas!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Judy, Everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous home at my party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Your home is so festive and lovely! Congratualtions on 100 followers...better make that 101 :)

Merry CHRISTmas!
Gail

Carolyn said...

Your home looks lovely all decked out for Christmas!

Enjoy your Christmas,

Carolyn

René said...

Just popping back in to thank you for joining the "Tour of Homes" party Judy! Happy holidays!

-Rene

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Your home is lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...